The Complete Guide to Starting Out – Performers
I have been teaching business skills to actors and other artists for over 7 years – in workshops, seminars and in colleges and universities such as Mountview, Rose Bruford and Leeds Met.
I know first-hand how daunting it can be for performers to learn to manage the business side of their careers – which is why I have distilled the main essence of the workshops I teach into this 24 page guide.
It is written in an accessible way, and is packed full of tips – and exercises. It is useful to read, but even more useful to put into practice. Everything in it has been tried and tested by my students, and I hope you will find it as helpful as they have done.
I liked the interactive nature of the course, encouraging the reader to make lists and write things down…[and]
I enjoyed the networking section, and found it refreshingly honest and helpful.
Simon Balcon, Actor
Love the advice on networking and budgeting especially.
Fiona-Jane Weston, Actress and Singer
It is a gem of information.
Sophie Mansary, Actress
Read the review by Deborah Henry-Pollard,Catching Fireworks
The guide covers:
- Selling yourself without selling your soul – finding your niche
- Enjoyable networking
- Creating your individual strategic plan – including Plan Bs
- How to budget
- Staying motivated
- Practicalities – self employment, taxes, contracts etc
This guide is for anyone who:
- has recently graduated from a drama course and is unsure of how to take on the world of business
- is in any way worried about networking, budgeting, staying motivated, selling themselves
- is not sure where to start
Special Launch Offer